FAQ : Do you use photoshop?

When showing off the images I took to friends the question they frequently ask and the question which let me down is- "Have you used Photoshop???".

The fact is I don’t use Photoshop that much...

I use Adobe Light Room, lol... :p

It’s a wonderful tool actually- the flexibility, features and the ease of use are what make the Light Room photographer's favorite. And if you are a RAW file shooter then the possibilities are mind-blowing…
But I don’t believe neither Photoshop nor Light Room can transform a bad pic to a great pic… But It can surely make a good one better…

If am using a DSLR I prefer to shoot in low contrast normal color, sharpness settings since all these can be brought back to the image in post processing(PP in short form). And if am using a point and shoot camera I will try to make it as perfect as possible in the device itself since the JPEG format in those devices won’t give that much flexibility in PP.

Here are the before and after of two of my pics from Rameswaram.

Before :Pampan bridge before post processing

After:Pampan bridge after post processing

Before:Infinate before post processing

After:Infinate After post processing


Ya… I know… But the processing done these pics are not that complicated… A few color corrections and cropping is all I did in these… If you are wondering how much data(exposure, color, sharpness etc) can be recovered through PP take a look at the below example.

Before:Arulvaymozhi Before post processing

After:
Arulvaymozhi After post processing


Holly COW…!!!! Right….? I was also stunned at the first time…

In future posts I will share some tips and techniques I learned and I uses every time in PP if you guys are interested in knowing them… Leave me a comment…

0 comments: